Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Comes Love...Second Comes Marriage

The wedding was amazing. Absolutely awesome.



My husband and I got married on the beach just outside of Myrtle Beach, SC, with just a few family and close friends present. We didn't want big, we didn't want splashy - just something fun. I think we accomplished that when my dear friend, we'll call him The Canadian Beer Guy, became an ordained minister just so he could dress up and fulfill my wish to be married on the beach...by a pirate.



Yep, he performed the whole ceremony in full pirate regalia, complete with feathered hat and silk drawers. He wrote our vows, which were so hilarious that we couldn't get through them with a straight face. I did make the promise to protect my love from my wrath, and from giraffes (which are tall and are known to step on people because they don't look where they're going).

The kids had a blast. The girls were absolutely beautiful in their dresses.

Such seriousness and dignity!

 And our handsome little guys managed to stay practically dry and sand-free until the ceremony was over.

Aren't they sweet...and standing still!

My partner, Super Medic, made the five-hour drive to SC to be there for the wedding and festivities, which meant so much to me. It's a pretty close bond you develop with a partner, after spending 24 hours every third day together. He's a damn good medic, and a damn good guy.

Now we're back in town, and it's time to start gearing up for the big move across town to the new house (YAY!). I'm going to miss our little house, where both of my children have been raised, but as the family grows (there are SIX of us now...geez.) the living space must as well, to avoid bloodshed.



I'm going to chronicle our move, with (hopefully) helpful hints and tips and trial-and-error processes. If you have any ideas that would make moving a houseful of people and stuff while still working a 24/48 schedule, I would appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment