Sunday, April 10, 2011

Expanding My Scope

When I first started this blog, it's main purpose was going to be discussing EMS. The weird calls I ran, the crappy and not-so-crappy shifts, and my dealings with the pranksters at the fire station. I wasn't going to really talk about my "real life," or what happened while not in uniform. Because really - who would want to read about that? I wanted every post to be extraordinary, one that would grab my erstwhile reader by the throat and not let go until I'd taken them on a fast-paced roller coaster ride of emotions, describing my adventures in the ambulance!!

Come to find out...I didn't have all that much exciting stuff to write about. Nothing's really happened lately noteworthy enough for me to even blog about, much less for a total stranger to read about! Most of our calls have been run-of-the-mill sick people, or folks who just needed a taxi ride to the hospital. We did have a standby for a commercial structure fire a few shifts ago - one of my firsts while being on the ambulance. We got to stand around in the pouring rain and pounding hail with lightning flashing overhead while the guys put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

So I stopped blogging, before this fledgling blog even got off the ground. I just didn't have anything to talk about! What was the point? No one was reading it but me. I didn't tell anyone that I was blogging, and I still haven't. No one cares what I have to say.

But I'm going to do it anyway - nobody likes a quitter, right? I'm going to write about my family, the trials and tribulations of trying to plan a destination wedding on a shoestring budget, the growing pains my fiance and I are experiencing trying to merge two families into one. You'll get to hear some stories about my Labradork Retarded, who actually sent me to the ER the other night with a possible right arm fracture.

Now THAT was a funny story...

No comments:

Post a Comment